14 But behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me--but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

1 Nephi 21: 14-16

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Update!

Okay, so I feel it appropriate to just update a little on my own life. I only share this to show how far I've come, and how much it's even surprised me.

I have been called to be the Relief Society President of my ward.

Crazy.

If someone had told me that I'd be an RS president at the age of 23 (and less than a year after my mission), I would have been really surprised. And yet, as soon as I found out that the last RS president was moving, the thought/impression immediately came: "It could be me..."  And then last Sunday the secretary called me to say the Bishop wanted to see me. At that,  I was about 90% sure I was about to get this calling, since the Bishop NEVER has asked to see me--all my other callings were extended by his 1st Counselor. So, once the call came, I actually wasn't too surprised.

But I have NEVER had any kind of Relief Society calling before. Ever. Not visiting teaching supervisor, enrichment or ANYTHING. So, this is going to be quite the adventure! And I couldn't be more excited. :) I kept the 1st Counselor the same, and the secretary automatically stays the same, and after meeting with them, I just felt like this is going to be awesome. Like really really stretching for me, but really incredible.

I just need to be aware of not guilting myself out when things don't go perfectly. I feel like I've learned from the mission and with depression to not do that. It's not healthy. Constructive criticism is always fine, but overly beating oneself up about anything is not okay, and does not come from God.

Also, I've been unnaturally tired lately...like I have to sleep through my lunch breaks just to make it through the rest of the day, even after getting 7-8 hours of sleep. I'm getting tested for sleep apnea, but it looks like mono could be a culprit...booooo.  So, the health issues haven't been fun, but whatevs.

Anyway, I know this isn't a typical post for this blog, but I thought I'd just update everyone.

I find it amazing that I have been able to progress from depression so fast. It gives me a lot of hope for other people, and I completely know that my experiences with depression have helped prepare me to receive this calling...which my Bishop said as well.

Anyway, it's going to be an adventure!!

~hugs!~

3 comments:

  1. HAHHHAA!!!! ANGELA HAS MONO?!!!???! Kissing too many boys, eh?!!?? Hahha!! Okay, just kidding. That sucks, Mono really sucks. I'm excited for your about your calling. You're gonna be great :) Like...really REALLY great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anglea, you are going to be incredible. You know how I know?! Because Heavenly Father calls someone to be RS Pres because He knows He can trust his daughters in your care. You are one of the most loving people I know and the girls are going to feel so loved. I love you!!! -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. I think it's amazing what you are doing. I have a couple sister-in-laws that struggle with depression and I will be giving them your blog. Keep it up-you are doing the Lord's work, truly.

    ReplyDelete