14 But behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me--but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

1 Nephi 21: 14-16

Friday, April 8, 2011

Beautiful Things Come From Fiery Trials

You know, it could be how Van Gogh created so many masterpieces, but my best, most inspired pieces did not come out of happy-go-lucky sparks of insight, but were created out of the depths of low bouts of depression. Whether it was to express how I felt, or to have an outlet, those darker moments were turned into something rather beautiful. For example, today I was starting to feel really down. So you know what I did? I cooked myself the best dang crab alfredo I've ever tasted in my life. Just eating it makes me wanna dance.
  So, I thought I'd post some of the work I've created during my low moments. Most of these pieces are some of my most favorites I've ever done. Basically, I hope that you can also find the beautiful, majestic, even sacred things that come from trials.

 collage, photoshop

 acrylic

 lithography print

 ink, conte crayon, charcoal

I tried to download a song I composed as well...but my computer is having issues. So, if you're interested, go to my other blog: loveeverysandwich.blogspot.com, go to the month of February, and go to the post called "Creating."

~hugs~

No comments:

Post a Comment